Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike

So as you may know, there is a hurricane named Ike coming straight at the Houston area. In the AccuWeather.com storm tracker, its main path is only a few miles from where I live, and the side we are on is the supposed "dirty" side of the hurricane. I've never actually gone through a storm where I have been afraid, but this one is the exception. My parents are going to Connecticut, so it will just be Rob and I at home. I know there is nothing more that they could do if they were here, but still, the thought of them not knowing what is happening and worrying is scary to me. I've seen the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans a year after it happened and the destruction amazed me...I guess I'm just wondering if that will be what I see when I look out the window after Ike passes. The thought of the unknown is a scary thing...please keep all of us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

okay, I forgot that students read my blog. So, shhh while at school.

Y'all stay safe, okay.