Monday, April 7, 2008

Good Morning My Daddy

Good morning My Daddy,
Thanks for watching over me last night.
I was a little scared at first,
But now everything is alright

Hello Daddy
What's up with you?
I loved spending time with you today.
Playing baseball in the park
Racing eachother on rollerskates.
You never left my side all day!
It was so cool to swing on the swings.
Thanks for pushing me so high.
Daddy, I know you are busy,
But thanks for spending time with me today
I was sad at times, but you were always there

Nobody's dad can do as much as You can Daddy!
You watch me grow and know my hurts and pains,
You chaperoned my first slow dance
You check the lips of the boys I kiss
Making sure that I dont kiss only toads
But will sometimes get a prince.
Daddy, everyday you paint the sky just for me
Letting me know that you are watching me
Saying that you love me

I know that you also have others
But everyday you are just with me
I dont know how you do it,
But you are always there

Every Sunday, You and I,
Go out for our Sunday drive
Always saying "be careful"
You let me have the wheel
People watch us while we are passing
They always get to see
Me hugging my Daddy
And my Daddy sending butterfly kisses towards me

Daddy you have also taught me,
About my amazing brother
Your precious perfect Son
To whom I'm the perfect Sister

Daddy I love you a ton,
You make this life right now
An easier occurance
Because of the times when you open your arms
And we flop down on the couch
Me and my Daddy, sharing our feelings,
Letting each other help

I love you My Daddy,
Love your perfect Daughter

I wrote this a few years ago. It is entitled Good Morning My Daddy.

No comments: