Monday, May 19, 2008

Wishing upon stars

I like to wish upon the stars
To seem them sparkle and shine
They are so beautiful, they make me smile I say

Do not wish upon the stars he said
for they shall bring you nothing.
They are only creations of the Lord
not God Himself. If you want something, pray about it
for prayers bring answers.
Do not wish upon the stars.
They can only twinkle and shine.

I lead my thoughts then to change
that night that I stopped wishing
My prayers flowed out, they pleaded with God.

I stop to think.
You are young you silly girl.
Live the life you know.
You are young you silly girl,
too young to think like that.
You can't possibly know what you want your future to hold.

Some days though...I do know.
I know as sure as I know my heart.

My wishes turn to prayers
I once more plead with God.

This poem is not completed here. I know the ending of it. Maybe, just maybe...one day I will share my prayer with you. Until then, it waits with God.

No comments: